Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result

Eight food businesses shut down in June for safety violations in Ireland

byCustoms Today Report
10/07/2015
in Uncategorized
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

DUBLIN: Eight businesses were served with closure orders last month for violations of food safety regulations.

The Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI) serves such orders when inspectors deem there to be a grave and immediate danger to public health at a premises.

You might also like

Pakistan, Iran agree to keep border crossings open round the clock to boost trade

15/08/2026

Rs563m bank cheques dishonored during FY 2020-21, says report

15/08/2026

Bimdoc Cash and Carry on Jamestown Road in Finglas, Dublin 11 was convicted on six counts and ordered to pay € 5,560. This included a fine of €1,000 and costs of € 4,560 awarded to the Health Service Executive (HSE) which prosecuted the case under hygiene of foodstuffs regulations.

Pearl River in Phibsborough, D Limit African & European Restaurant on Ballybough Road in Dublin and Shanghai House in Cork were served closure orders.

Posh Nosh take away in Ardee, Co Louth was closed twice during the month. The other closure orders related to food businesses in Cavan, Mayo and Wexford.

In addition, a prohibition order was issued to Cumiskey’s public house on Blackhorse Avenue in Dublin.

This order is issued if the activities, such as handling and preparation of food, or the condition of the premises could pose a risk to public health.

Six of the orders have since been lifted. May saw the highest monthly number of closures so far this year with a total of 14. In total, 45 closure orders have been issued this year.

Dr Pamela Byrne, chief executive of the FSAI, said the violations had “serious negative implications” for the premises and the wider food industry.

“There can be no justification for these breaches, which can endanger consumers’ health and undermine the confidence they should expect to have in the safety of the food they eat,” she said.

Related Stories

Pakistan, Iran agree to keep border crossings open round the clock to boost trade

byCT Report
15/08/2026

ISLAMABBAD: Pakistan and Iran on Wednesday agreed to further expand trade ties by keeping border crossings open round the clock,...

Rs563m bank cheques dishonored during FY 2020-21, says report

byCT Report
15/08/2026

LAHORE: It has been revealed that bank cheques worth over Rs563.2 million, belonging to industrialists, have been dishonored. The audit...

FBR slaps new daily fines on delayed customs clearance starting Oct 1

byCT Report
15/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has introduced new graded penalties for delays in filing goods declarations and clearing...

Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves rise by $14m to $22.5b

byCT Report
15/08/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan’s total liquid foreign exchange reserves increased by $14 million during the week ended August 7, 2026, reaching $22.498...

Next Post

Islamic banking sector records 48% growth in Q1 2015

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.