Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Balochistan CM rejects allegations on Reko Diq

byMonitoring Report
11/12/2014
in Business
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

QUETTA: Chief Minister Balochistan Dr Malik Baloch has dispelled the impression of striking a deal with any company with regard to Reko Diq gold-cum-copper mine project.

“I will not sell a stone of Balochistan, Reko Diq is something very big,” Dr Baloch told a crowded press conference at Chief Minister’s Secretariat in Quetta.

You might also like

Pakistan’s power sector circular debt rises to Rs1.67 trillion in FY26

19/08/2026

SECP clears 13th public offering of 2026 as Naya Nazimabad REIT heads to PSX

18/08/2026

The chief minister’s remarks came after opposition parties in Balochistan Assembly leveled serious allegations against the province’s nationalist-led government. Opposition parties had claimed that Reko Diq gold and copper reservoirs were being sold to foreign companies.

The Chief Minister rejected the reports of again granting contract to Tethyan Copper Company (TCC) of Reko Diq.

He said the Supreme Court had already rejected the agreement with TCC and in this regard the apex court had issued a judgment as well.

Dr. Baloch said the agreement with TCC by Balochistan Development Authority had violated the province’s mines and mineral rules.

“Every company is bound to follow Balochistan mining rules,” he added.

Dr. Malik said that the agreement with Tethyan Copper Company has been cancelled and the company will not be offered the project again.

Dr. Baloch assured his cabinet, the Balochistan Assembly and masses of the province that his government would guard all mineral and natural resources and added that, “I am leading an accountable and responsive government.”

The Chief Minister also said that his government has decided to serve legal notices on two journalists who were allegedly spreading false information about him.

“These anchors were misleading the people,” he said.

The Chief Minister however lamented that masses of Balochistan were yet to be benefited from rich-mineral and natural resources.

“Even Sui town is deprived of gas facility,” Dr. Baloch said while referring to rich gas reservoirs in Balochistan’s troubled Dera Bugtio district.

Regarding Saindak Project, the chief minister stated that the province was not beneficiary of the project rather Chinese and federal government were major beneficiaries.

“China and Federal government were getting 50 per cent each share whereas Balochistan was being paid a mere 2 per cent royalty,” he said.

Dr. Malik said that the agreement with Tethyan Copper Company has been cancelled and the company will not be offered the project again.

Related Stories

Pakistan’s power sector circular debt rises to Rs1.67 trillion in FY26

byCT Report
19/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s power sector circular debt increased by Rs61 billion during fiscal year 2025-26, reaching Rs1.675 trillion by June 30,...

SECP clears 13th public offering of 2026 as Naya Nazimabad REIT heads to PSX

byCT Report
18/08/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan’s primary equity market extended its most active stretch in years Tuesday, as the Securities and Exchange Commission of...

Sales tax chaos: Hybrid vehicle makers halt production

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) has demanded an immediate rollback of the sales tax...

Weekly inflation rises 0.15pc, annual rate reaches 9.11pc

byCT Report
15/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s weekly inflation increased by 0.15%, pushing the annual inflation rate to 9.11%, according to the latest report released...

Next Post

Tax burden in Sweden stands at 42.8%

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.