Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result

Canadian suit filed in Johnson baby powder case

byAmmad Ahmed
28/05/2016
in Uncategorized
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

OTTAWA: A Canadian class-action lawsuit has been filed against Johnson & Johnson over an alleged link between its baby powder products and ovarian cancer in adult women who used the product for long periods of time.

The suit’s plaintiffs include seven women and family members living in Ontario and Quebec, and the estate of a Montreal woman who died of ovarian cancer in March at age 66.

You might also like

Pakistan, Iran agree to keep border crossings open round the clock to boost trade

15/08/2026

Rs563m bank cheques dishonored during FY 2020-21, says report

15/08/2026

Toronto law firms Rochon Genova LLP and Will Davidson LLP are handling the class-action against the Canadian subsidiary of Johnson & Johnson.

The suit alleges Johnson & Johnson was “negligent in the development, testing, design, manufacturing, licensing, distribution, marketing and sale of Johnson’s Baby Powder.”

The allegations in the class-action statement of claim have not been proven in court and Johnson & Johnson Canada didn’t immediately respond to a request for a comment.

Johnson & Johnson also faces litigation in the United States. The company has said it stands by the safety of its baby powder.

The class-action suit follows a jury decision in Missouri that awarded $72 million (U.S.) to the family of a woman who died of ovarian cancer after using Johnson & Johnson feminine hygiene products for years that contained its talcum powder.

Earlier this month, Johnson & Johnson was ordered by another U.S. jury to pay $55 million in damages to a woman who claimed her ovarian cancer was caused by long-term use of Johnson’s baby powder.

The Canadian plaintiffs allege that Johnson’s baby powder “is defective and inherently dangerous in that it causes, materially contributes to, and materially increases the risks of ovarian cancer in females who apply it (or who have it applied) to their perineal area.”

The class-action suit also alleges that Johnson & Johnson knew about the dangers of its baby powder but “failed to disclose these defects and the resulting risks to the health and life of the plaintiffs” and failed to recall the product in Canada.

The lawsuit says requests for monetary compensation will come later.

Related Stories

Pakistan, Iran agree to keep border crossings open round the clock to boost trade

byCT Report
15/08/2026

ISLAMABBAD: Pakistan and Iran on Wednesday agreed to further expand trade ties by keeping border crossings open round the clock,...

Rs563m bank cheques dishonored during FY 2020-21, says report

byCT Report
15/08/2026

LAHORE: It has been revealed that bank cheques worth over Rs563.2 million, belonging to industrialists, have been dishonored. The audit...

FBR slaps new daily fines on delayed customs clearance starting Oct 1

byCT Report
15/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has introduced new graded penalties for delays in filing goods declarations and clearing...

Pakistan’s foreign exchange reserves rise by $14m to $22.5b

byCT Report
15/08/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan’s total liquid foreign exchange reserves increased by $14 million during the week ended August 7, 2026, reaching $22.498...

Next Post

IBRC liquidators to pay State €275m

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.