Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result

Customs busts drug trafficking syndicate, seizes RM5m worth of ketamine

byCT Report
10/12/2019
in Uncategorized
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Customs Department believes that an international drug trafficking syndicate has been crippled with the arrest of four men, including a local resident, in two separate raids in Selangor earlier this month.

Customs deputy director-general (enforcement and compliance) Datuk Abdul Latiff Abdul Kadir said the raid was carried out on December 2 and 3 in Batu Caves and Port Klang respectively and 82 kilogrammes (kg) of ketamine worth almost RM5 million was seized.

You might also like

IWCCI appreciates CDA, MCI support for women entrepreneurs

20/05/2026

Mobilink Bank partners with Legal Aid Society to advance women’s inheritance rights & climate resilience in Pakistan

20/05/2026

“In the December 2 raid, at 1 pm, four men were detained in a warehouse in Batu Caves and 168 plastic boxes were found containing white powder suspected to be 42kg of ketamine, hidden inside the door frames of three containers which were in the premises.

“Following the raid, we also seized three more containers at Port Klang the next day, which was in the process of being shipped to the warehouse and found 168 plastic boxes containing the same white powder suspected to be ketamine weighing 40kg,” he told reporters here today.

He said all the containers were imported from the port of Karachi, Pakistan to Port Klang before being shipped to the warehouse premises in Batu Caves.

“The drug was concealed in the door frame of six containers, which contain bundles of clothing (used),” he said.

He said all those arrested were remanded until December 16, for further investigation under Section 39B of the Dangerous Drugs Act (ADB) 1952.

In the meantime, he said they were now hunting for two other Pakistani men, known as Muhammad Fasih Khan, 27, and Muhammad Muhammad Bilal Malik, 29, to assist in the investigation.

Related Stories

IWCCI appreciates CDA, MCI support for women entrepreneurs

byCT Report
20/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The leadership of the Islamabad Women Chamber of Commerce and Industry (IWCCI) has formally thanked the Capital Development Authority...

Mobilink Bank partners with Legal Aid Society to advance women’s inheritance rights & climate resilience in Pakistan

byCT Report
20/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s leading digital microfinance bank, Mobilink Bank, has partnered with Legal Aid Society under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)...

Customs orders online payment deadline for ground handling agents

byCT Report
20/05/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan Customs has ordered all Ground Handling Agents (GHA) to implement fully operational online payment systems within three months...

FBR revises property valuation rates in Lahore & Rawalpindi

byCT Report
20/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has revised the valuation tables for immovable properties in selected areas of Lahore...

Next Post

Envoys for facilitating more EU import to Bangladesh

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.