Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Govt rejects politicians’ claims of change in original route of China-Pak Economic Corridor

byCustoms Today Report
29/04/2015
in Business
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s government assured the National Assembly on Wednesday that no change has been made in the route of planned China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) project.

It rejected claims by politicians in some provinces that the original route has been altered to the detriment of people of certain areas.

You might also like

Gold price jumps Rs5,700 per tola

22/08/2026

Short-term inflation ticks up 0.49pc WoW, pushing annual rate to 9.66pc

21/08/2026

In his policy statement Planning Minister Ahsan Iqbal said that CPEC, in which China is to invest around $45 billion (Dh165 billion), would benefit all the areas of the country.

A raft of agreements were signed during last week’s visit by the Chinese president to Islamabad on projects in the corridor, which will link Kashkar in western China to Gwadar deep-sea port being developed by a Chinese company on the Arabian Sea in the Pakistani province of Balochistan.

A network of highways as well as railway link and a host of other projects including economic zones and energy projects are to be built. An international airport at Gawadar is also planned.

Iqbal said the CEPC is seen as a game-changer and fate-changer for Pakistan and it will serve all the federating units.

Iqbal said some in Pakistan and a neighbouring country — in what observers saw as a reference to India — are perturbed over the mega Chinese investment and they “are spitting venom against it.”

He said political parties should not pay heed to negative propaganda against the project and avoid giving controversial statements about it.

The minister said Pakistan was not getting a single dollar in loans for the energy projects.

The Chinese private sector will invest $35 billion to $37 billion in the energy sector, he said.

Ahsan Iqbal said Pakistan is now being considered as “a safe peace for investment” after the Chinese decision to invest $46 billion.

He said the Chinese investment will also attract investment from other countries including the United States, Europe and the Middle East

Related Stories

Gold price jumps Rs5,700 per tola

byCT Report
22/08/2026

KARACHI: Gold prices surged in both international and domestic markets, with the price of gold rising by $57 per ounce...

Short-term inflation ticks up 0.49pc WoW, pushing annual rate to 9.66pc

byCT Report
21/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan's Sensitive Price Indicator (SPI) recorded a week-on-week increase of 0.49% for the week ending August 20, 2026, driving...

Govt generates Rs144b through PSX Sukuk auction

byCT Report
20/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Finance has raised Rs. 144.153 billion through the Government of Pakistan Hybrid Sukuk (GHS) auction conducted...

Pakistan’s power sector circular debt rises to Rs1.67 trillion in FY26

byCT Report
19/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s power sector circular debt increased by Rs61 billion during fiscal year 2025-26, reaching Rs1.675 trillion by June 30,...

Next Post

NAB arrests owner of Royal Foundry on illegal utilization of electricity   

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.