Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

NAB to file supplementary reference against Sharif family

byCT Report
26/12/2017
in Business
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ISLAMABAD: The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) is likely to file a supplementary reference in the Avenfiled Apartments’ case against the Sharif family early January next year.

The NAB team that visited the United Kingdom this month might not have returned with any substantial evidence but they had recorded the statements of two important witnesses in London and based on those statements, a supplementary reference is likely to be filed in the first half of January 2018, well-placed sources said.

You might also like

Mobilink Bank partners with Legal Aid Society to advance women’s inheritance rights & climate resilience in Pakistan

20/05/2026

Nepra reserves verdict on Rs1.93 per unit cut in electricity tariff

19/05/2026

A team of the NAB reached London on December 12 to meet the Home Office officials in relation to the Avenfield flats owned by Hasan and Hussain Nawaz and returned on December 19. The sources said that the NAB team had recorded the statement of one, Akhtar Raja of Quist Law Firm, a loss-making law firm in the UK. Raja happens to be cousin of JIT’s head Wajid Zia who hired him to work for the JIT in the UK. Raja was paid a hefty amount by the JIT. The sources said that Akhtar Raja had endorsed what the JIT had attributed to him.

Secondly, NAB investigators have also taken the statement of Robert W Radley of Radley Forensic Document Laboratory as he was hired by the JIT to examine the documents presented by the Sharif family regarding the Avenfiled Apartments, the sources added. Radley had identified that the type of font used in the trust deed declarations was ‘Calibri’. However, the font was not commercially available before Jan 31, 2007 and as such, neither of the documents is correctly dated and appear to have been created at some later point in time. The sources said that Radley too has endorsed what he had given in writing to the JIT regarding the Calibri font controversy.

Related Stories

Mobilink Bank partners with Legal Aid Society to advance women’s inheritance rights & climate resilience in Pakistan

byCT Report
20/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s leading digital microfinance bank, Mobilink Bank, has partnered with Legal Aid Society under its Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)...

Nepra reserves verdict on Rs1.93 per unit cut in electricity tariff

byCT Report
19/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has started work on a plan to revise tariffs and subsidies for protected electricity consumers, while...

Over 10,000 new companies registered in Pakistan: SECP

byCT Report
18/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan has reported a significant rise in business activity, with more than 10,500 new...

Sindh joins Punjab in easing market closure timings ahead of Eidul Azha

byCT Report
16/05/2026

KARACHI: The Sindh government on Saturday exempted shops, markets, shopping malls, hotels, restaurants, marriage halls and marquees from previously imposed...

Next Post

Food group imports increase by 16.08% in 5 months

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.