Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Over Rs1b worth of gold goes missing from jewellery shop in Lahore

byCT Report
12/12/2025
in Breaking News, Business, Latest News
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

LAHORE: Police have launched an investigation after more than Rs1 billion worth of gold was reported missing from a shop in Ichra’s Latif Jewellery Market in Lahore, according to traders and law enforcement officials.

Jewellers in the market said that over 20 kilograms of gold had been kept in trust with a local trader, identified as Sheikh Waseem Akhtar. Concerns were raised after the trader failed to appear at his shop for several days, prompting fellow traders to break open the locks of the storage locker.

You might also like

Pakistan passes ship recycling law to implement Hong Kong convention, boost Gadani industry

23/05/2026

Pakistan secures first-ever permanent seat in WCO Policy Commission

23/05/2026

Traders claimed that the locker was found empty and that the gold, collectively valued at nearly Rs1 billion, was missing. One shopkeeper also alleged that the trader had taken a committee amount of Rs 6 million.

Police confirmed that a formal complaint has been registered at Ichra police station by Muhammad Ahmad, one of the affected jewellers. Officials said an inquiry has been initiated and is being examined from multiple angles.

A police spokesperson said a complaint regarding the missing gold had been received but added that preliminary findings suggest the matter may involve a financial dispute rather than a case of theft. The spokesperson said reports circulating in the market describing the incident as a theft or disappearance do not fully align with facts established so far.

Police also said that despite claims of multiple affected parties, only one complainant has formally approached authorities and is currently hesitant to pursue further legal action.

The investigation is being supervised by SP Model Town Shehrbano under the directives of the DIG Operations. Police said the inquiry is ongoing and that further details will be shared with the media as they emerge.

Related Stories

Pakistan passes ship recycling law to implement Hong Kong convention, boost Gadani industry

byCT Report
23/05/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan has passed new maritime legislation aimed at implementing the Hong Kong International Convention for the Safe and Environmentally...

Pakistan secures first-ever permanent seat in WCO Policy Commission

byCT Report
23/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has secured permanent representation for the first time for a two-year term in the Policy Commission of the...

Govt cuts petrol price by Rs6, diesel Rs6.80 per litre

byCT Report
23/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The federal government led by Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif has announced a fresh reduction in fuel prices, offering short-term...

Customs Enforcement seizes smuggled goods worth Rs42m in Lahore raid

byCT Report
23/05/2026

LAHORE: The Collectorate of Customs Enforcement (CoC) Lahore conducted a major raid near Rehman Garden in the Saggian area of...

Next Post

Transport unions announce nationwide wheel-jam strike on December 19

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.