ONTARIO: Phones bursting into flames are not a new phenomenon. However every time an incident of that kind occurs, it certainly makes news headlines. In the latest such incident, a woman from Canada has used.
Casserly says she never changed the battery in the phone claimed that her mid range Samsung Galaxy Ace II smartphone exploded right next to her in the middle of the night.
A Canadian woman is alleging her Samsung Galaxy phone exploded right next to her while she was sleeping. The woman, Hope Casserly, had owned a Galaxy Ace 2 up to the point when it exploded right next to her at night back in October. Since the explosion itself took place, Samsung says it investigated the incident and found an unauthorized battery had been, but Samsung claims otherwise. Regardless, Casserly has had her phone replaced by the company.
Hope Casserly, a fourth year computer science student at the University of Guelph in Canada, said her low-cost Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 exploded a few months ago in October. She purchased the model, which is available in Canada, in 2013.