Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Saudi Aramco says no plans to shelve $2 trillion listing

byCT Report
16/10/2017
in Latest News
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

RIYADH: Saudi Aramco has dismissed reports that it is considering shelving plans for the world’s biggest ever flotation, with the state-owned oil company saying the $2 trillion listing was on track for next year. Amid concerns about the feasibility of such a huge international listing, the company was favouring a private stake sale to foreign governments, including China, the Financial Times reported on Saturday. “All listing venues under review for optimal decision, IPO process is on track for 2018,” the company said on Twitter. The initial public offering forms the cornerstone of the oil-rich kingdom’s reform programme to wean the economy off its reliance on oil revenues.

Saudi Arabia had laid out plans for Aramco’s dual listing on the Saudi stock market and an international exchange for 2018, with markets in New York and London vying for the offering. But the company has struggled to select an international venue for its listing with the UK’s market regulator becoming mired in controversy after being accused of watering down the rules in order to clinch the Saudi deal. The FT’s article was followed by a similar report by the Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg. “A range of options, for the public listing of Saudi Aramco, continues to be held under active review,” an Aramco spokesman questioned on the reports told AFP on Saturday. “No decision has been made and the IPO process remains on track,” he said. Until 2014, oil income made up more than 90 per cent of public revenues in Saudi Arabia. But as it reels from a protracted oil slump, the kingdom is seeking to diversify its economy and privatise some state assets alongside plans to introduce value-added tax. Oil prices have partly recovered after major producers inside and outside Opec, including Saudi Arabia, agreed last year to cut output by 1.8m barrels per day.

You might also like

Pakistan’s leading oil refineries warn of shutting down production over smuggling

21/05/2026

Pakistan draws final tranche of $1.2b Saudi oil facility

21/05/2026
Tags: Saudi Aramco says no plans to shelve $2 trillion listing

Related Stories

Pakistan’s leading oil refineries warn of shutting down production over smuggling

byCT Report
21/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: Five of Pakistan’s largest oil refineries on Thursday warned that increasing smuggling of petroleum products is threatening refinery operations...

Pakistan draws final tranche of $1.2b Saudi oil facility

byCT Report
21/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The federal government has fully utilised a $1.2 billion oil facility from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), with...

FBR imposes Rs2.7b penalty on Gerry’s Dnata in electronics smuggling case

byCT Report
21/05/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue has imposed penalties worth Rs2.7 billion on Gerry’s Dnata after adjudication orders found the...

Punjab leads sales tax collection growth with 38pc increase

byCT Report
21/05/2026

LAHORE: Punjab recorded the highest growth in sales tax collection on services among all provinces during the first nine months...

Next Post

Iran's H1 electricity exports up 25% yr/yr

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.