Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Latest News

Saudi Coalition Targets Houthis In Yemen In Response To Oil Pipeline Attack

byCT Report
18/05/2019
in Latest News
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

The Saudi-led coalition conducted air strikes on Yemen’s capital Sanaa on Thursday, targeting bases of the Iran-aligned Houthis after the Houthis claimed responsibility for the drone attacks on an oil pipeline in Saudi Arabia earlier this week.

Saudi Arabia and Iran are essentially fighting a proxy war in Yemen, where the Saudis lead a military Arab coalition to “restore legitimacy” in the country, while the Houthi movement, which holds the capital Sanaa, is backed by Iran.

You might also like

PM directs petroleum minister to negotiate with refineries for diesel price relief

19/08/2026

LCCI helps reopen sealed factory in Saggian industrial area

19/08/2026

Two pumping stations along Aramco’s East-West oil pipeline in Saudi Arabia were attacked by explosive-laden drones in the early morning local time on Tuesday, the official Saudi Press Agency (SPA) reported, citing Saudi Energy Minister Khalid al-Falih, who described the attack as one of “terrorism and sabotage.”

“These attacks prove again that it is important for us to face terrorist entities, including the Houthi militias in Yemen that are backed by Iran,” al-Falih said on Tuesday.

This statement came out hours after Houthi-owned TV Almasirah reported that “7 Drones have targeted vital Saudi facilities.”

Reports of the drone attack on Saudi Aramco’s oil infrastructure came a day after Saudi Arabia said that two of its oil tankers were attacked by saboteurs near the United Arab Emirates (UAE), while the UAE said that a total four vessels were attacked off its coast at the port of Fujairah

According to the Houthi-owned Almasirah news outlet, Thursday’s air strikes on Sanaa killed six people, including four children, and wounded 52 others.

Related Stories

PM directs petroleum minister to negotiate with refineries for diesel price relief

byCT Report
19/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif on Wednesday directed Petroleum Minister Ali Pervaiz Malik to immediately reach Karachi and hold negotiations...

LCCI helps reopen sealed factory in Saggian industrial area

byCT Report
19/08/2026

LAHORE: Lahore Chamber of Commerce and Industry (LCCI) President Faheem Ur Rehman Saigol visited the Saggian Industrial Area and met...

FBR, ICAP jointly organise seminar on filing tax return for TY 2026

byCT Report
19/08/2026

PESHAWAR: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP), Peshawar Office, jointly organised...

Retailer app launched as government simplifies tax scheme for small traders

byCT Report
19/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Federal Minister for Finance Muhammad Aurangzeb on Wednesday launched a retailer app, saying the government had simplified and made...

Next Post

Iran accuses US of ‘unacceptable’ escalation in tensions

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.