HYDERABAD: Under the supervision of Collector Dr. Sadiqullah Khan, Collectorate of Customs impounded 15 non duty paid vehicles during ongoing drive against NCP vehicles and other contrabands goods.
Sources said that a specific information was received through Collector Dr. Sadiqullah Khan to Additional Collector Asim Rehman that attempts would be made before Eid-ul-Fitr to smuggle high-end non duty paid luxury vehicles from Quetta to Punjab through Jacobabad and Larkana routes.
Accordingly different anti-smuggling squad comprising Senior Inspector Hashim Ali, and Manzoor Ahmed were constituted under the supervision of Deputy Collector, Customs Tariq Hussain.
The Customs ASO teams along with Sindh Rangers carried out several overnight intelligence based operations and took possession of the following 12 different NCP vehicles (including 05 luxury vehicles) seized from different locations.
1. Mercedes Benz (S Class, S-350) model:2009
2. Audi Car (A6), model: 2014
3. Toyota Crown Car, model: Nil
4. Toyota TZ Prado, model: 2005
5. Toyota Premio Car, model: 2012
6. Toyota Axio Car, model: 2006
7. Toyota Aqua Cars, model: 2013
8. Toyota Aqua Cars, model: 2013
9. Toyota Aqua Cars, model: 2011
10. Suzuki Alto Car, model: 2011
11. Suzuki Swift Car, model: 2012
12. Toyota Fielder Car, model: 2005-06
Besides a Toyota Corolla GLI Car (model: 2016 ) loaded with smuggled Indian Gutka and other miscellaneous items and Plastic Shoppers (Made in Iran) 550 Bags were also seized. The total estimated value the vehicles and goods is Rs. 79.00 million and the duty taxes are 88.00 million approximately.
Collector of Customs, Hyderabad, Dr. Sadiqullah Khan, lauded the efforts of the ASO units and congratulated the In-charge / supervisory officers on a remarkable achievement.
Further investigations are in progress and efforts are underway to arrest / apprehend the culprits and unscrupulous elements involved in organized smuggling of vehicles and goods.