Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

FBR defers decision to block mobile SIMs, electricity connections of non-filers

byCT Report
17/01/2024
in Breaking News, Islamabad, Latest News
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) has deferred its decision to block mobile SIM cards and utility connections of non-filers.

Sources told that FBR wanted to act against non-filers under Section 114B of the Income Tax Ordinance 2001. The section pertains to powers to enforce the filing of returns.

You might also like

Zong & Zindigi launch Z-Wallet, bringing embedded banking to millions of My Zong App users

17/08/2026

Bilal Azhar Kayani reaffirms government’s commitment to cashless economy

17/08/2026

Under the section, notwithstanding anything contained in any other law for the time being in force, the Board shall have the power to issue income tax general order in respect of persons who are not appearing on the active taxpayers’ list but are liable to file return under the provisions of the Ordinance.

The income tax general order issued under sub-section (1) may entail any or all of the following consequences for the persons mentioned therein, namely:

(a) Disabling of mobile phones or mobile phone SIMS, (b) discontinuance of electricity connection, or (c) discontinuance of gas connection.

However, according to sources, FBR believes that such stringent actions can land in Courts and involve legal battles. The FBR now intends to take these actions after issuing the Active Income Tax List by March 1.

Earlier this month, FBR issued final notices to non-filers before blocking their mobile SIM cards, and mobile phones and disconnection of utilities. At the time, an FBR official had told that the mobile phones of non-filers would be blocked during the current month i.e. January 2024.

Related Stories

Zong & Zindigi launch Z-Wallet, bringing embedded banking to millions of My Zong App users

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Zong, Pakistan’s leading technology services enterprise, has partnered with Zindigi, powered by JS Bank, to launch Z-Wallet, bringing regulated...

Bilal Azhar Kayani reaffirms government’s commitment to cashless economy

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Minister of State for Railways and Finance Bilal Azhar Kayani, reaffirmed the Government of Pakistan’s commitment to advancing a...

Pakistan opens humanitarian lifeline, allows 724 relief trucks into Afghanistan

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan has allowed 724 truckloads of humanitarian relief cargo to cross into Afghanistan through the Torkham border crossing in...

Sales tax chaos: Hybrid vehicle makers halt production

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) has demanded an immediate rollback of the sales tax...

Next Post

FTO detects flaws in valuation of immovable properties across Pakistan

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.