Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Business

Sindh facing phenomenal fiscal shortfall of Rs59b in funds from Centre: CM

byCT Report
01/10/2018
in Business
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

Karachi: Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah has said that his government is facing a phenomenal fiscal shortfall of Rs59 billion in the funds the province was expecting to receive from the federal administration during the first quarter of 2018-19, forcing Sindh to curtail the Annual Development Programme by Rs24 billion.

The total outlay of Sindh’s budget for this financial year is Rs1.144 trillion, out of which the provincial government was authorised to spend Rs292.613 billion in the first quarter.

You might also like

Govt generates Rs144b through PSX Sukuk auction

20/08/2026

Pakistan’s power sector circular debt rises to Rs1.67 trillion in FY26

19/08/2026

Passing the budget for the remaining nine months, the House through majority votes passed 153 demands for grants presented by the treasury and rejected 113 cut motions presented by the opposition.

Shah said the last financial year ended with the Sindh government receiving Rs50 billion less under its due share of fiscal resources from the Centre, adding that it has become quite difficult to meet recurring expenditures of his administration and make funds available for new development works.

He said his government has allocated up to 90 per cent of development funds for ongoing projects, adding that they would complete 956 schemes this financial year. He also said Rs202 billion has been reserved for ongoing projects.

The chief executive said the Centre needs to improve the working of the Federal Board of Revenue (FBR), accusing the taxman of stealing money from the financial resources of the provinces to meet its own targets.

He said that in 2016 the FBR took out Rs6.7 billion from the account of the Sindh government claiming that 1.4 million motor vehicles had been registered by the excise department.

The matter was taken up with the State Bank of Pakistan, which stopped the FBR’s at-source deduction, but they seem unwilling to reconcile the account, he added.

Related Stories

Govt generates Rs144b through PSX Sukuk auction

byCT Report
20/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Ministry of Finance has raised Rs. 144.153 billion through the Government of Pakistan Hybrid Sukuk (GHS) auction conducted...

Pakistan’s power sector circular debt rises to Rs1.67 trillion in FY26

byCT Report
19/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan’s power sector circular debt increased by Rs61 billion during fiscal year 2025-26, reaching Rs1.675 trillion by June 30,...

SECP clears 13th public offering of 2026 as Naya Nazimabad REIT heads to PSX

byCT Report
18/08/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan’s primary equity market extended its most active stretch in years Tuesday, as the Securities and Exchange Commission of...

Sales tax chaos: Hybrid vehicle makers halt production

byCT Report
17/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federation of Pakistan Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FPCCI) has demanded an immediate rollback of the sales tax...

Next Post

Pak rupee depreciates to Rs128 in open market

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.