Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
  • Home
  • Islamabad
  • Karachi
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
No Result
View All Result
Customs Today
No Result
View All Result
Home Breaking News

Total to sell 50pc of its stake in Pakistan unit to Gunvor

byCT Report
07/08/2024
in Breaking News, Business, Latest News
Share on FacebookShare on Twitter

ISLAMABAD: French oil major TotalEnergies has agreed to sell its 50 per cent stake in oil marketing company Total Parco Pakistan Limited (TPPL) to global commodities trader Gunvor Group, Total Energies said in a statement.

A joint venture between TotalEnergies and Pak-Arab Refinery Limited in Pakistan, TTPL has a retail network of more than 800 service stations and is involved in fuel logistics and lubricants.

You might also like

PPL announces gas and condensate discovery in Sindh’s Sujawal

18/08/2026

FBR holds ceremony to honour officers nominated for national civil awards

18/08/2026

Total Energies said the transaction, which is subject to regulatory approvals, reflects its selective strategy in marketing and services to focus on “core geographies with growth and transitioning opportunities”.

The new entity will continue its retail business under the existing Total Parco brand and its lubricants business under the Total brand for five years in Pakistan, the statement said.

“Well at least it’s another foreigner taking over and not a complete exit, but it’s concerning that Pakistan is no longer a core geography for Total,” said Adnan Sheikh, assistant vice president of research at Pak Kuwait Investment Company.

Last year, Shell Petroleum Company announced its exit from Shell Pakistan with the sale of its 77pc shareholding in the local business.

The move came after Shell Pakistan (SPL) suffered losses in 2022 due to exchange rates, the devaluation of the Pakistani rupee and overdue receivables, and as the country faced a financial crisis and economic slowdown.

Finance Minister Muhammad Aurangzeb on Monday met officials from Parco and Gunvor Group, who reaffirmed their commitment to the development of the country’s energy sector, the finance ministry said in a statement.

Related Stories

PPL announces gas and condensate discovery in Sindh’s Sujawal

byCT Report
18/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The state-owned Pakistan Petroleum Limited (PPL) announced a “pioneering” gas and condensate discovery from its operated exploratory well, Dolphin...

FBR holds ceremony to honour officers nominated for national civil awards

byCT Report
18/08/2026

ISLAMABAD: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) held an in-house ceremony at its headquarters to acknowledge the outstanding contributions of...

SECP clears 13th public offering of 2026 as Naya Nazimabad REIT heads to PSX

byCT Report
18/08/2026

KARACHI: Pakistan’s primary equity market extended its most active stretch in years Tuesday, as the Securities and Exchange Commission of...

FBR, KTBA discuss income tax return design & taxpayer experience

byCT Report
18/08/2026

KARACHI: The Federal Board of Revenue (FBR) Domain Team on Monday held an online meeting with the leadership and members...

Next Post

Multan Customs destroys smuggled goods worth Rs180m at Dry Port

  • Terms and Conditions
  • Disclaimer

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.

No Result
View All Result
  • Transfers and Postings
  • Latest News
  • Karachi
  • Islamabad
  • Lahore
  • National
  • Chambers & Associations
  • Business
  • About Us

© 2011 Customs Today -World's first newspaper on customs. Customs Today.